Long Term Care: Norwalk Memorial Home
The Carriage House and Norwalk Memorial Home's legacy of service to older adults includes an abundant range of services integrated with a commitment to personal wellness and meeting our resident's individual needs. The care that is provided here is driven by the goals each resident holds important. By continuing to listen and respond to our residents' needs, we have proudly earned a reputation for quality in all we do.
The Difference is in the Caring
Upon entering the Norwalk Memorial Home you will be greeted by friendly faces, a professional team and our beloved dog.
More than a typical nursing home, health care programs at Norwalk Memorial Home are driven by the goals of the resident-whether that be returning home, enhancing stamina and mobility, or living comfortably with changing health needs. Residents receive skilled nursing care and 24-hour medical supervision by a highly trained staff of nurses and certified resident assistants. Committed to the total well being of each resident, the nursing staff works closely with the social worker, activities coordinator, physician and family. The right to choice is integral to the plan of care.
At Norwalk Memorial Home we strive to promote the comfort and security that comes when one is in their own home. Residents are encouraged to personalize their rooms by adding personal keepsakes, photos and accessories from home. Free cable hook-up is available in every room for personal televisions.
Services & Amenities
- 24-hour nursing care coordinated with the physician of your choice
- Access to Fisher-Titus Medical Center, should you require medical care
- Three delicious meals per day plus snacks planned by our licensed dietitians
- Assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, transferring and transporting
- Social services
- Physical therapy, respiratory therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Wound care
- Infusion therapy
- Pain management
- Frequent social outings
- Medicare and Medicaid certified, also accepting private insurance plans
Optional Services (available for a nominal fee)
- Oxygen - billed directly to the resident by Fisher-Titus Medical Center
- Medication - billed directly to the resident by the Pharmacy
- Laundry - family members have the option to do residents' laundry at home
- Phone services - residents must contact the phone company to receive service
- Availability of additional medical support for your medical needs
- Recreational, social, physical and spiritual activities program
- Rooms are furnished with a bed and nightstand; leaving room for personal belongings such as your favorite recliner, photos, wall hangings, television, etc.
- Beauty/barber shop
- Gift shop
- Enclosed courtyard with gazebo
- Garden room
- Shady Lane Cafe
- Bird aviary and aquarium
Please contact our marketing coordinator to schedule your personal tour:
419-663-1975 ext. 6367
1-800-589-3862 ext. 6367