Critical Care When It Matters Most
In September 2011, Fisher-Titus Medical Center received full Accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC)—an international nonprofit organization committed to eliminating heart disease as the leading cause of death around the world. This accreditation means that we've integrated the latest best practices and newest models into our cardiac care processes. Having an Accredited Chest Pain Center like Fisher-Titus close to home is important because the faster you or a loved one receives treatment during a heart attack, the better.
You can count on Fisher-Titus Medical Center to provide the state-of-the-art diagnoses and treatment you need during the critical early stages of a heart attack: the kind of timely cardiac care that saves lives and preserves heart muscle function for fuller recoveries.
As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Fisher-Titus Medical Center
- Has a high level of expertise dealing with patients who arrive with heart attack symptoms
- Emphasizes the importance of standardized diagnostic and treatment programs that provide more efficient and effective patient evaluations
- Provides appropriate and rapid treatment to patients with chest pain and other heart attack symptoms
- Serves as a point of entry into the health care system to evaluate and treat other medical problems
- Promotes healthier lifestyles to reduce the risk factors for heart attack
- Delivers the right care at the right time to minimize or eliminate heart damage due to heart attack and to improve quality of life after a heart episode
If you think that you or someone you know may be having a heart attack, call 9-1-1 immediately.
To learn more about the SCPC and what it takes to receive their full accreditation, visit SCPCP.org.