About the Snyder/White Heart & Vascular Center
A convenient one-stop location for heart & vascular services.
The Snyder/White Heart & Vascular Center is equipped with the latest technology to provide state-of-the-art cardiovascular and endovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures for area patients.The Center's highly experienced Cardiovascular Team of physicians and clinical staff offers a vast amount of knowledge providing patients the most current Heart & Vascular procedures right here at Fisher-Titus. John Abboud, M.D., Board Certified Cardiologist, and Dr. Daniel Kassavin, board certified in general and vascular surgery, are members of the permanent staff at the Snyder/White Heart and Vascular Center. Other Cleveland Clinic physicians also are part of the team and see patients in the Snyder/White Heart & Vascular Center.
Opened in 2008, the Snyder/White Heart & Vascular center is a 22,000 square-foot state-of-the-art facility which provides a convenient, one-stop location for Heart & Vascular services.
The Heart & Vascular Center includes:
- Two state-of-the-art cardiovascular labs
- An 11-bay pre- and post-operative area
- Office space for North Ohio Heart Center
- Space for Non-Invasive Cardiac Diagnostics including
- Stress Lab
- Echo Lab
- Pacemaker/Device Clinics
- EKG and Holter Monitoring
- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Disease Management
Donors of the Snyder/White Heart & Vascular Center
The $1 million gift for the Snyder/White Heart & Vascular Center continues the legacy of philanthropy at Fisher-Titus. Beginning with “subscriptions” sold in 1916 to build the original Norwalk Memorial Hospital and continuing with the Fisher family’s donation of $1.2 million for Fisher-Titus Memorial Hospital in 1957, to the Dr. Morse family’s contributions and our community’s support of capital campaigns for the Norwalk Memorial Home in 1985 and the Rehabilitation and Cancer Care Center in 2003, philanthropy is deep rooted at Fisher-Titus.
The $1 million gift from Alice White Rau and Dudley A. White Jr. honors their grandparents Reginald C. and Alice Mack Snyder and their parents Dudley A. and Alice Snyder White. The Snyder / White family has long history in our community, having owned and operated the Norwalk Reflector since 1913.
Reginald C. and Alice Mack Snyder
In 1913, Reginald C. Snyder purchased two faltering Norwalk newspapers The Evening Herald and the Norwalk Reflector and merged them into the Norwalk Reflector-Herald.“RC”, as he was known, preferred pounding out a story on a typewriter to totaling up a balance sheet. He was never without a stubby little pencil and his reporter’s notebook.An astute businesswoman, his wife, Alice Mack Snyder, worked at the paper regularly and carefully managed the business after her husband’s death.
Their only daughter Alice Davenport Snyder married Dudley A. White in 1924.
Dudley A. and Alice Snyder White
Dudley A. White(1901-1957) was publisher of the Reflector-Herald and the Sandusky Register for many years. The prominent newspaperman led a life of public service including serving as a U.S. Representative from the 13th District in the 1930s and as Director of Recruiting and Induction for the Navy in World War II. He also was a state commander of the American Legion and a member of the National Press Association. When he passed away unexpectedly at age 56, his family asked that contributions be made to the Norwalk hospital.
Alice Snyder White (1913-1988) lived in Norwalk most of her life after her father,Reginald C. Snyder, purchased the Norwalk Reflector. Her civic activities were many including being a Life Member and trustee of the Historical Society and president of the Norwalk Public Library Board, as well as participating in numerous organizations including the Tuesday Reading Club, the Shakespeare Club, and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
The Whites had two children Alice Snyder White Rau and Dudley A. White Jr.