Diabetes Education & Support
Fisher-Titus Medical Center Diabetes Education Classes are designed for individuals interested in learning more about diabetes management. Class participation is by physician referral only.
- Discuss the diabetes disease process
- List the signs, symptoms, and treatment of high and low blood sugar reactions
- Discuss proper foot and eye care
- Learn to set goals and problem solve
- Discuss medications, their actions, and side effects
- Learn ways to deal with stress
- Demonstrate insulin administration
- Learn about community resources locally and nationally
- Learn to properly use home glucose monitoring equipment (free meters available)
- Learn to prevent, detect, and treat acute and chronic complications of diabetes
- Learn how exercise helps manage diabetes
- Demonstrate meal planning and portion control
- Read and interpret nutrition information from product labels
- Describe everyday opportunities to improve eating habits
- Learn to properly manage diabetes
Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Diabetes Education Classes are Certified by the American Diabetes Association.
Adult Diabetes Support Group
Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Diabetes Support Group meets on a monthly basis. Sessions include presentations by medical professionals to provide members with the latest information on diabetes management. The Support Group meetings are free-of-charge and open to anyone interested in learning about diabetes and diabetes management.
Check our events calendar for upcoming meetings and events.