Our Physical Plant
The original 101,000-square-foot Fisher-Titus Memorial Hospital was built in 1957. From 1964 through 1997, $30 million was invested in renovations and additions expanding the facility to 224,000 square feet.
Our 50-acre campus includes medical buildings that house dialysis and mental health services, physician offices, and The Carriage House of Fisher-Titus Medical Center, a 48-unit, 50,000-square-foot assisted living facility.
The Norwalk Memorial Home, Fisher-Titus Medical Center's 69-unit skilled nursing facility, is adjacent to the Medical Center providing convenient access to medical services for residents.
With the opening of our $28.7 million Patient Pavilion in 2005, the Medical Center grew to 325,000 square feet. The 101,000-square-foot facility added private inpatient rooms including The Birthing Center, ambulatory surgery unit, cafeteria and several hospital departments.
A $14.5 million 42,000-square-foot expansion and renovation for Rehabilitation Services and Cancer Services opened in 2006.
With the opening of the $11.3 million 22,000-square-foot Snyder/White Heart & Vascular Center in July 2008, the hospital now totals almost 390,000-square-feet in one facility.
In 2010, Fisher-Titus Medical Center became one of the first two all-digital, smart hospitals in the nation after implementing Cerner systems throughout the organization in just 10 months. This launched us in the top five percent of automated hospitals in the nation and created the infrastructure to eventually build a connected health network in the region. The project automated current electronic and paper-based processing across the continuum of care with a comprehensive electronic patient health record. We worked jointly on this project with Magruder Hospital in Port Clinton and Cerner Corporation, a leading national health care technology corporation.